Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'll be good for Santa

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks! The adjustment has really been okay- thanks mostly to Brandon's sweet little temperament. My only 2 complaints would be the smell (like I mentioned) and that it digs into my arm when I feed him.

We meet with the Neurosurgeon again on Oct 13th, which will be 6 weeks into Helmet wear. Ultimately it will be his call on when B will "graduate" from his helmet. The orthotist said he's doing great, based on his progress so far. I'm a numbers and obsessive planning type of girl so it drives me nuts... okay absolutely bat sh!t crazy... that there isn't a clear time frame of when it will come off. The othotist said he would be able to give me a better estimate in a few weeks. Last week he said if he had to guess, He'd guess 4-6 months, coming off as early as the end of December. Ahhhh YAY! Ok, I'm not going to get my hopes up juuuust in case but I think everyone can tell what my Christmas wish is this year ;) It's all basically up to his PT and stretching progress now. If he graduates from the helmet but continues to remain in his tilt/torticollis position his head will return back to the trapezoid shape. Luckily development in on our side. B should be sitting up soon and eventually crawling- all of this activity keeps him off his flat spot for prolonged periods.

Oh and for those of you who missed it... B won a contest! The company that sells his helmet decals has a cutest baby contest every month and our sweet little Brandon is Mr. September, thanks to all the votes of his wonderful friends and family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment